Due to the nature of Filling Pieces – designed to bridge the gap between high-end and street-inspired aesthetics – the difficulty in knowing how to style them, how to wear them or what pair to buy, might be holding you back from purchasing your very first pair. Yet, it really is so simple. So simple, in fact, that we detect that your first few steps in your new Filling Pieces trainers will lead to a lifetime of devotion. Want to know why? Check out the full Filling Pieces Trainers Review below to find out. Be sure to check out our ultimate guide on men's trainers, too.
How Do Filling Pieces Fit
The most important part of any sneaker review, of course, is sizing. All Filling Pieces sneakers fit one size large so we recommend you take one size smaller than normal.
- If you’re buying your pair of Filling Pieces trainers at OPUMO, you’ll see that we use standard UK/US/Japanese shoe sizing, alongside with a handy conversion chart if you’re used to sizing your shoes the European or American way.
- There are also no half sizes in the Filling Pieces range so we’d advise going half a size down if you usually do choose a half size. Instead of a UK 9.5, choose a UK 9, for example.
Filling PiecesBlack / White Denver Tracking Cosmo Desert Sneakers£210
Filling PiecesOff White / White Low Mondo Ripple Nardo Sneakers£170
Utility ArchiveClay Tor Flap 25L Backpack £160
Ripa RipaBlue Notte Swim Shorts £81
PhaidonDesign for Children Book £40
FLOSBlack Glo-Ball F2 Floor Lamp £700
How Are Filling Pieces Trainers Made?
All Filling Pieces sneakers are handmade with great care in Portugal, using only the finest Italian materials. But, in order to take a closer look at the quality build and construction of Filling Pieces sneakers we’re picking out two of the Dutch brand’s most popular styles; the Filling Pieces Black Low Curve Roots Loop Sneakers and the Filling Pieces White Low Mondo Ripple Nardo Sneakers.
Unboxing the Filling Pieces Black Loop Sneakers and the brand’s shoe quality and innovative use of materials is made clear. Crafted from premium Nubuck suede, Filling Pieces have gone heavy on the branding in this style in relation to its classic sneakers. The retro logos embossed on the sides and woven on the tongue are matched to the subtle ripple design across the entire upper. Most importantly, Filling Pieces threw these comfortable uppers on their lightweight Roots sole that is made of EVA for added cushioning and next level comfort. And they work. Because of their leather insoles, these black Filling Pieces sneakers are comfortable and easy-to-wear right out of the box.
Available in Nappa, rubberized leather or Nubuck, Filling Pieces new Mondo sneakers is an exemplar of Scandinavian minimalism combined with Filling Pieces contemporary design elements. The sneakers take design cues from the classic Filling Pieces Low Tops, while they have been stripped of the oversized tongue and triple padded heel for a minimal look and feel. This means that these white Filling Pieces sneakers sit slightly lower on the foot and benefit from a chunky custom-made Filling Pieces Ripple cup sole. Naturally, these Filling Pieces trainers look good but, most importantly, they feel naturally soft, supple and incredibly robust.
How Much Do Filling Pieces Trainers Cost?
Filling Pieces Sneakers range in price from the lower-end of £170, for the Filling Pieces original trainers including the Filling Pieces Low Top Ghost, Runner Sac Knit, Low Top Lane and Low Mondo Sneakers, to £290-£310 for exclusive sneakers such as the Filling Pieces Astro Runner. Of course, you may be able to pick up a pair of Filling Pieces sale sneakers when it comes to the end of a season, but they’re often incredibly rare, hard to find and hard to secure. So it pays to act quickly on your favourite pair rather than wait on any Filling Pieces sale.
Where Can I Buy Filling Pieces Trainers?
All Filling Pieces trainers are available with free worldwide shipping and returns at OPUMO.
Key Points To Consider:
- Filling Pieces sneakers fit one size large, so we recommend you take one size smaller than normal. For example, if you normally wear a UK 10, opt for a UK 9 in Filling Pieces.
- There is no half sizes in the Filling Pieces range. If you usually wear a half size, opt for half a size smaller. For example, if you normally wear a UK 9.5, choose a UK 9.
- All Filling Pieces sneakers are handmade in Portugal, using only the finest Italian materials so they are comfortable right out of the box.
- Filling Pieces trainers range in price from £170-310.
- All Filling Pieces sneakers are available at OPUMO.
Be sure to check out our ultimate guide to men’s trainers.